Saturday, November 21, 2015

Friendship Bracelets 101

Hey Beauties!

      So! Friendship bracelets! Not going to lie I make more than I can wear. I think the most I've worn is 6-7. Some of you I know are rolling you're pretty little eyes thinking, "that is not that many bracelets!" which is true! But then the question becomes, what are friendship bracelets to you? What do they look like? Why do you wear them? Why do you make them? Do you even make them? Truth is that there are SSSOOO many different kinds of friendship bracelets! There are a few that I have had that have been sentimental gifts, but for the most part I wear them because lots of color is just my style.... typically. Anyone who knows me personally knows that I do sometimes opt for the white t-shirt and jeans, although its pretty rare to find me wearing less color than more! That's actually one way my bracelets come in "handy". Even if I dress in neutral colors, I've always got a pop of color on my wrist! If you are OCD about things matching and being the same color, the way I wear my bracelets will bother you!

Back to the types of bracelets, here is a short list breaking up some different kinds of bracelets for you!

1. Some are special gifts
      A) All knot bracelets
      B) Beaded Bracelets
      C) Beaded and Knotted bracelets

2. Some are just worn for the fun of it
      A) All knot bracelets
      B) Beaded Bracelets
      C) Beaded and Knotted bracelets

If you follow me on twitter, you know that I occasionally post pictures of some of the "sets" I make for fun!

This first red, white, and black set is a perfect example of a gift. I made the bracelets especially for my best friend Liz. (shout out to her twitter and incredible soccer skills @EAalbue ;)) the set consists of two unique bracelets: an all knotted bracelet, and a bead and knotted bracelet.
This next set, I passed on to my girl Hmuff! (shout out to her twitter and stellar singing skills @TheHmuff ;)) this set is unique because its three bracelets are all composed of knots!

Finally, so that you all know it is ok to just make bracelets for yourself, This is the set that I finished most recently. Its a set I started at the end of summer/beginning of the school year. We all know how homework slows us down, so this babe didn't get done until just recently! There is a picture of it on my twitter!
Two of the three patterns in this set are original! When I say that the patterns are original, I mean that I did the math and made the patterns happen without a guide, other than previous knowledge. The pattern for the giant bracelet on the bottom was formulated when I was fooling around with other ideas for patterns, and not having much luck with them either! Hahaha! It was an experiment! As is everything we do in life that we are simply trying. Albert Einstein once said that "It wouldn't be experimenting if we knew what we were doing..." It just shows you the power of the human brain God created us with! It's so cool what we are blessed to be capable of doing! If anyone would like me to post some of my favorite video tutorials for bracelets, don't be afraid to comment down below, or tweet me! @claire_a_beth

Hope you all have a blessed thanksgiving!
 
God Bless,
Laire
Ps. Next friendship bracelet post: Size of bracelets? I have a TON that I can write about that, or patterns you guys want tutorials for? I will look for them and see if I can find them! Let me know what you're interested in seeing!

No comments:

Post a Comment